We recently put on a webinar on the subject of Saving For College, where we discussed the costs of college, the various savings vehicles available, how 529 plans work, and financial aid.
Thank you to those that attended, we received some great feedback. For those who were unable to attend, we have a recorded version of the webinar which you can watch on our YouTube channel.
Throughout the webinar, I mentioned a number of tools and resources. For convenience, I’ve summarized those tools below with links.
If you watched the webinar and have any follow up questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me, I’m happy to help in any way I can. Enjoy!
- SavingforCollege.com – The best website I’ve come across for 529 plan research
- 529 College Savings Planner – The tool I used in the webinar to project future college costs
- Here are the two websites I mentioned for pricing out private college loans and looking into refinancing options:
- FAFSA – Government resource with information on the FAFSA form, as well as specific college research
- Federal Student Aid – Good website for financial aid and managing loans
- College Abacus – Tool to help estimate financial aid from specific schools
- Gift of College – A cool website which allows people to begin a “registry” for 529 accounts where others can directly contribute
- Independence Advisors – Our firm website
- Linkedin – My Linkedin page